BURPEE HERB BASIL - MAMMOTH SEED PACKSKU: #182-887617
This lettuce-leaf variety from Italy grows leaves as large as your hand and is great in pasta sauces.
- Only available in Niagara on the Lake, Stevensville and Fonthill. Purchase in store only.
- With ruffled, jagged leaves, Mammoth has very strong flavor that perfect for sauces, pesto and even fresh on a sandwich.
- Try growing this basil on a sunny windowsill - it loves filtered light.
- Removing flowers from basil encourages maximum growth and the best leaf production.
- Spacing: 6-8in (15-20cm). Height: 18-24in (45-60cm).
Basil Mammoth produces oversized mammoth basil leaves. These leaves are milder than traditional sweet basil. Harvest when buds begin to form up until frost. Seedlings emerge within 7-14 days after planting.
Sow in average soil after danger of last frost
Great additive for salads and bruschetta
90 days to harvest