BURPEE HERB SPEARMINT SEED PACKSKU: #182-887785
Leaves impart flavour to iced drinks, sauces, vegetables and lamb.
- Only available in Niagara on the Lake, Stevensville and Fonthill. Purchase in store only.
- They used mint teas medicinally for headaches, indigestion and to help them sleep.
- Mint is also an excellent culinary addition and makes a great teas for the pure pleasure of it.
- As a general rule, mint family plants root vigorously when allowed to grow freely and can be invasive.
- Grow them in containers to keep them in check
Use as a splendid flavoring for hot or iced tea. Adds zest to carrots and beets. An infusion of the leaves makes excellent jelly. Perennial, zones 3-10.
Light: partial shade/ sun
Height: 18-24 in.
Plant depth: lightly cover
Germinates: 7-14 days
Spacing: 18 in.
Start indoors 8-10 weeks before last anticipated spring frost, best confined to large containers or set where its rapid growth will not intrude on other plants, can be grown in pots indoors